Aside from Autoptimize, we recommend installing WP Fastest Cache
Meanwhile, follow the instructions for Autoptimize below:
1) Go to Plugins > Add New
2) Search for "Autoptimize" > Install > Activate
3) Go to Settings > Autoptimize
If your site doesn’t function normally after having turned on Autoptimize, here are some pointers to identify & solve such issues using “advanced settings”:
- If all works but you notice your site is slower, ensure you have a page caching plugin installed (WP Fastest Cache or similar) and check the info on cache size (the solution for that problem also impacts performance for uncached pages) in this FAQ as well.
- If your theme or plugin require jQuery, you can try either forcing all in head and/ or excluding jquery.min.js (and jQuery-plugins if needed).
- If you can’t get either CSS or JS optimisation working, you can off course always continue using the other two optimisation-techniques.
- If you tried the troubleshooting tips above and you still can’t get CSS and JS working at all, you can ask for support on the WordPress Autoptimize support forum. See below for a description of what information you should provide in your “trouble ticket”